FREE NHS SIGHT TESTS
You’re entitled to a free NHS sight test if you:
- are under 16
- are 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education
- are 60 or over
- are registered as partially sighted or blind
- have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- are 40 or over and your mother, father, sibling or child has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- have been advised by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
- are a prisoner on leave from prison
- are eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher – your optician can advise you about your entitlement
You also qualify for a free NHS sight test if you are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- tax credits and meet the criteria
- Universal Credit and meet the criteria
- have a low income and are named on a valid NHS HC2 certificate for full help with health costs
We are Minor Eye Condition Service. At this practice we can help you with many eye related concerns including minor injuries, distorted vision, flashes and floaters, red, sore or dry eyes.
We support the hospital eye clinic in monitoring patients with stable Occular Hypertension.
POST OP CAT SERVICE
After your routine cataract operation at Probus Surgical Centre we can see you here six weeks later for the follow up checks.